We’re keen to reach as many people as we can with our stories. We encourage other organizations of all types to republish our stories for free under a Creative Commons “Attribution” license, subject to the following additional terms. Here’s what you need to do:
- You must give us credit, in the format: “by AUTHOR NAME, The Citizen Bulletin”. Please include a line at the top of the Story that reads: This story was originally published on [DATE] by The Citizen Bulletin.” The credit line must link back to the original post on our site (not our homepage).
- You must not edit, cut or alter the Story, except to suit your in-house style (e.g. % vs. “percent”).
- You can publish our original photos, graphics, and other media with proper attribution. Third-party content that is not owned by The Citizen Bulletin, including photos from agencies, must be separately licensed. You are solely responsible for identifying and licensing third-party content. The Citizen Bulletin expressly disclaims any liability arising out of your unauthorized use of third-party content.
- At the end of the Story, you must include the line: “This story was originally published by The Citizen Bulletin, a hyperlocal nonprofit news out serving the people of Matabeleland.”
- If you share the Story or a link to the Story on social media, please tag us on Twitter and Facebook (@The_CBNews).
- You must not resell the Story or sell ads against the Story. It’s fine to publish on the Story on a page that’s surrounded by previously sold ads, however.
- For print outlets, the above all apply, save for embedding links.